Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the All Dressed Up Event!
When can I volunteer?
Set-up for the event will be the evening of Friday, March 2. The event and teardown will be Saturday, March 3, 2018.
Who can volunteer?
You must be 18 or older to volunteer. Children under 18 may help parents during set-up or teardown only. Only women are allowed to volunteer during the event hours but spouses and significant others are definitely welcome for set-up and teardown times.
How do I sign up?
Sign up for this year’s event has now closed. Please consider volunteering next year!
What kind of volunteer shifts are available?
- Set-up (tag and hang dresses on racks, display accessories, move racks into place, hang signs, etc.)
- Personal shopper (guide attendees one-on-one through the dress selection process)
- Non-personal shopper (registration or check-out tables, etc.)
- Dress runner (put dresses back on hangers and racks after they are tried on)
- Tear-down (wrap up dress racks for transport to storage unit, pack up accessories, clean-up)
What should I wear?
Volunteers with shifts on the day of the event should wear red tops and black pants so that you can be easily identified. Please wear clean, neat, comfortable clothes for set-up and tear-down shifts. Comfortable shoes are recommended for everyone!
Where do I go to volunteer?
- Madison College, Truax Campus, at 1701 Wright St., Madison, WI
- Park in the free student parking lot between Hoffman and Wright Streets
- It is a long walk from the parking lot to the event site in the building. If you need other parking/drop-off accommodations please email us email@example.com.
- Enter the building at the college’s main entrances on the east or southeast side of the building on Wright Street.
- Stay to the right and follow the All Dressed Up signs to the cafeteria
- Check in at the ADU volunteer station / Volunteer Headquarters
Will there be refreshments?
Yes, the All Dressed Up committee will be securing some food and drink donations. However, you’re welcome to bring your own drinks and snacks based on your tastes and/or nutritional needs. Madison College concessions and vending machines are also available. During the event, food must be consumed only in the Volunteer Headquarters, but drinks may be taken to your assigned volunteer stations.
What if I have additional questions?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org