Who is the Junior League Of Madison (JLM)?
We are women, mothers and daughters, students and graduates, activists and philanthropists, dreamers and believers. We are bound by a single goal: to develop the potential of women and improve our community through effective action.
Through voluntarism, the Junior League of Madison enables members to acquire new skills, serve as mentors, better understand our community’s needs, and become leaders. Our members participate in large community projects that make a significant contribution to the community. Our signature programs include Mistletoe Market, All Dressed Up, and Discover U.
Interested in Joining JLM?
The Junior League of Madison is currently recruiting new members for the 2017-2018 League Year! “Sponsorship” from current members is not required in order to join. The Junior League of Madison welcomes women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism to join our organization.
Please join us at one of our upcoming events this summer. Learn more about the work of the JLM, speak with current members, and get to know other prospective members.
Tuesday, June 20th 2017 from 6:00-8:00 pm
1344 East Washington Avenue Madison, WI 53703
Thursday, July 20th 2017 from 6:00-8:00 pm
Sprechers Restaurant & Pub
1262 John Q Hammons Dr, Madison, WI 53717
Friday, August 4th 2017 from 6:00-8:00 pm
107 N Hamilton St, Madison WI
Tuesday, August 8th 2017 from 6:00-8:00 pm
Vintage Brewing Company
674 S Whitney Way, Madison WI
Thursday August 31st from 6:00-8:00 pm
Old Sugar Distillery
931 E Main St #8, Madison
Interested in joining but unable to attend one of our info sessions or social events? Send us an email us email@example.com!
Benefits to joining JLM:
- Make positive impact in the Madison community
- Form lifelong friendships
- Expand your circle of influence and connect with like-minded women
- Experience personal growth and leadership development
- Expand your skill set
New Member Training Program
Your first year is known as the Provisional Year, beginning in September with the start of the League year. The purpose of this first-year training is to expose each volunteer to the various community and In-League activities of The Junior League of Madison.
- Learn about volunteer opportunities available in the League
- Select a fulfilling area within JLM to focus and work alongside Active Members
- Meet and get to know Active Members and other Prospective Members.
You will be assigned to a New Member Advisor who will lead a small group of fellow New Members. The New Member Advisor will be able to answer any questions you have throughout your first year and will plan fun activities to help you get to know other members of the League as well as help you pick which Committee you’d like to join.
Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Madison! If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior League Transfers
If you are currently a Junior League member interested in transferring to the Madison chapter, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Contact information (street address, phone #s, email address)
- Your transfer date (please advise if you have already moved or when you project you will be relocated to the Madison area)
- Information regarding your current Junior League chapter (including location, the Membership Secretary’s contact information, year you became active, etc.)
With the above provided information, we will work with your current Junior League chapter to have you transferred to the JLM and integrated as quickly as possible.