Who is the Junior League Of Madison (JLM)?
We are women, mothers and daughters, students and graduates, activists and philanthropists, dreamers and believers. We are bound by a single goal: to develop the potential of women and improve our community through effective action.
Through voluntarism, the Junior League of Madison enables members to acquire new skills, serve as mentors, better understand our community’s needs, and become leaders. Our members participate in large community projects that make a significant contribution to the community.
Interested in Joining JLM?
Interested in joining JLM? Contact email@example.com. “Sponsorship” from current members is not required in order to join. The Junior League of Madison welcomes women of all races, religions, and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and commitment to voluntarism to join our organization.
Benefits to joining JLM:
- Make positive impact in the Madison community
- Form lifelong friendships
- Expand your circle of influence and connect with like-minded women
- Experience personal growth and leadership development
- Expand your skill set
New Member Training Program
Your first year is known as the Provisional Year. The purpose of this first-year training is to expose each volunteer to the various community and In-League activities of The Junior League of Madison.
- Learn about volunteer opportunities available in the League
- Select a fulfilling area within JLM to focus and work alongside Active Members
- Meet and get to know Active Members and other Prospective Members.
You will be assigned to a Member Advisor who will lead a small group of League Members that live in your area.. The Advisor will be able to answer any questions you have throughout your first year and will plan fun activities to help you get to know other members of the League as well as help you pick which Team you’d like to join.
Thank you for your interest in the Junior League of Madison! If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior League Transfers
If you are currently a Junior League member interested in transferring to the Madison chapter, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Contact information (street address, phone #s, email address)
- Your transfer date (please advise if you have already moved or when you project you will be relocated to the Madison area)
- Information regarding your current Junior League chapter (including location, the Membership Secretary’s contact information, year you became active, etc.)
With the above provided information, we will work with your current Junior League chapter to have you transferred to the JLM and integrated as quickly as possible.
Junior League of Madison Values
- A membership that is inclusive of all women who believe in the importance of women’s civic leadership.
- The power of collaboration across all sectors to create sustainable and thriving communities.
- The significance of women exercising leadership widely and broadly throughout the community.
- A League environment that encourages diversity of opinion and supports multi-generational engagement.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
The Junior League of Madison welcomes all women who value our mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.